Golf and sun might attract people to Arizona, but the state is also becoming a hot spot for identity-theft. For the second year in a row, Arizona topped the Federal Trade Commission’s list of states with the most identity-theft complaints.
It’s more based on demographics, than geography.
Arizona official’s attribute their perch at the top to a couple of key demographic trends: a large elderly population that isn’t always aware of the latest identity-theft tactics, and high methamphetamine use. Of course, those two key demographic points aren’t necessarily related to each other. I’m not saying that Arizona has a large demographic of elderly meth-addicts that aren’t up to date on identity theft trends. I promise, I’m not saying that.
One insurance remedy to this serious problem is Identity Shield Coverage added to your homeowners insurance policy. This is a comprehensive solution to manage your identity. This coverage will monitor, insure and restore your identity.
What does it provide?
- Coverage up to $28,500 in expenses and $1,500 indemnity.
- Continuous monitoring of credit files, as well as, publicly accessible records for fraudulent activity for two people.
- Annual identity report with details of the customer’s credit file and public records.
- Victims of identity theft, or those who suspect they may be victims, receive:
- Identity resolution services for the entire household
- Access to an advocate who will guide the victim through the identity recovery process 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Preparation of correspondence necessary to notify all relevant parties of the fraud (credit bureaus, financial institutions, etc.)
- Assistance in placing fraud alerts and security freezes with credit bureaus
Identity theft is a growing concern throughout the United States, and it’s a threat from which no one is immune. It has become so prevalent that most people, if not victims themselves, know someone who has been a victim. The crime can be devastating, and is often costly and time-consuming to resolve.
You can add this coverage for around $65.00 per year. A small price to pay for piece of mind.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me.