I was poking around on the Internet the other night and came across a site about reverse mortgages that was aimed at collecting information from seniors so that one of their sales people could call them and end up trying to sell them a reverse mortgage.
The interesting thing about this site is that their “hook” was “get your free booklet if you give us your information”. They even let you “preview” the booklet by showing you the first 2 or 3 pages of it.
I almost thought about filling out my information so I could actually see the rest of the booklet — and then it dawned on me… I bet I could find these for free!
Enter NRMLA — the National Reverse Mortgage Lending Association (yes, my company is a member).
On the NRMLA site, there is quite a bit of information for both people in the industry as well as consumers — and in about 30 seconds, I found the booklets. The booklets do a nice job of answering some of the most common questions about reverse mortgages — such as:
- What is a Reverse Mortgage?
- Who can get a Reverse Mortgage?
- How can I receive my money?
- Are there restrictions on what I can do with the money?
- How much money can I get?
- Where can I find a Reverse Mortgage lender?
- What kind of Reverse Mortgage products are available?
- How much does a Reverse Mortgage cost?
To see all of the free booklets available from the NRMLA, here is the link!